The Trainer Red Analogy | Teen Ink

The Trainer Red Analogy

By RFLCTNS_music BRONZE, Paramus, New Jersey
RFLCTNS_music BRONZE, Paramus, New Jersey

Oh, great...

My mom blew up when I didn't respond to her over the course of a mere twenty minutes after I finished my dinner; during those twenty minutes, I was busy working on a song of mine in FL Studio (I'm actually a music producer, so...yeah). And by "blew up", I mean that she yelled at me and whatnot.

As you can see, I put the name "Trainer Red" in the title because...I'm...honestly...a lot like him--we both catch, train, and battle with various Pokémon (I do it virtually b/c I have Pokémon GO; Red, on the other hand, lives in the Pokémon world). we're resilient in times that may seem challenging to us, and...we don't talk much.

Now let that last one sink into your head. (No, seriously.)

Red lives on his own, simply battling Trainer after Trainer to prove that he is basically the very best, like no one ever was. I, on the other hand, am an ordinary eighth-grade girl that also takes piano lessons, writes stories on Wattpad, and produces her own music. The thing is, I don't really talk to others much unless they're discussing and/or interested in a topic that I like.

When it comes to verbal responses, however, it's arguably much worse.

As seen in the anecdote above, it's hard for me to make decisions--mainly because I take too much time deciding what to do, listen to music when one's addressing me, or both. This is an issue that's been going on since...I don't know, seventh grade?

Regardless, I really feel like I need to speak up more...

It's that simple, guys...