Never Have I Ever | Teen Ink

Never Have I Ever

September 9, 2018
By Alex_Thompson BRONZE, Saskatoon, Alaska
Alex_Thompson BRONZE, Saskatoon, Alaska
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was July 24 and I was getting out of my hockey practice when my friend Mike said "Alex, do you wanna hang out at my place tonight? The whole squad it's gonna be there". That day I wasn't feeling  that great since I had some family problems, so I thought to myself  "it would be nice to occupied my mind with something else and have a good time" so I decided to accept his request. "Yeah why not, let me just grab something and ill be there". ...


As soon as I entered Mike's house they welcomed me with a fresh smell of popcorn. I saw Dylan in the couch with Charlie laying right beside him. Why are they always on top of each other? I sat on the couch talking with Dylan  while waiting for Mike to bring all the snacks and drinks from the kitchen. Suddenly I saw my girlfriend Becky coming out of the bathroom and as soon as she was me she greeted me with a big smile and I grabbed her by the waist "Hey beautiful" i said. "how things are going out in your house, its everything ok? You'v been down lately" she said. I didn't really felt like answering that question since I am a very closed person and I don't want to worry her with my issues. "Everything's fine, lets not talk about that" 


When Mike entered the room, he got everyone's attention and said "Now that everyone's here  lets do something fun , what do you guys think?". "That sounds alright, lets play never have I ever!!!" Charlie said. "I remember that the last time we played this game, two persons over here had a discussion, so please be nice with each other" Becky replied. "Don't worry, I promise it won't happen again" Dylan said. I hope what happened last time won''t happen again cause I think might be the end of Dylan's and I friendship. "Well... let start!" Mike yelled.


Everyone gathered around in a circle, "I start" Becky said. "Umm... never have I ever... peed in my pants!" all of us raised our hands laughing. Later on it was Mike's turn, "Never have I ever cheated on someone" none  raised their hands and I jokingly whispered Yeah right" knowing that Dylan cheated on Charlie in the past. Dylan gave me a look of disapproval. Then it was Dylan's turn " Never have I ever... punched my mother" he said while looking at me with malice in his eyes. My blood started to boil and I knew this wasn't gonna end well. Why does he had to bring my family into this? Everyone tried to ignore all the tension between the group. " Alex aren't you gonna raised your hand or did you forgot what you did to your lovely mother?" Dylan said. "You better shut up Dylan, I swear I will kill you"


"Here we go again" Becky sighed. "It wont hurt me as much as it did to her".... After that the only thing I remember its me on top of Dylan punching him as if my life was depending on it . Two hours later I was on the way to my house thinking how stupid I was. Knowing that he was ashamed of what he did and still I decided to remind  everyone of it if it was a joke. I was wrong and I hurt my best friend with a few words that hurt more then a bullet would. Be careful with your words, once you them, they can only be forgiven, not forgotten