Humans of Parsippany | Teen Ink

Humans of Parsippany

By Katrina_Ng BRONZE, Morris Plains, New Jersey
Katrina_Ng BRONZE, Morris Plains, New Jersey

Interviewed By: Katrina Ng

“Trying to balance being a mom and working a full-time job. I think it’s very hard to do both, especially growing up in a time when almost all the moms were stay-at-home. I look at my mom and what she did for us, and I compare myself to that. I had to remind myself that I wasn’t at home, so it was very hard for me to accept I can’t do all of the things that my mother could do. Trying to find a way to balance my work and my kids. To make sure that I'm still giving them everything I want them to have, they’re getting everything they need, and they don't feel like they're second to my job. I recognize that being your teacher and helping you guys grow is also very important. I don’t want either one of those things to fall. The balance is the hardest thing, and it's a hit or miss. The only way to push through is to make the best choices you can, do the best job you can, and hope you don’t screw up either end too badly. You keep moving forward every day- what do I have to get done, what do I want to get done, and how can I balance everything? You have to keep trying and keep moving forward, even if you fail because stopping isn’t gonna help anything.” (Parsippany, NJ)