Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

By Mary71 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mary71 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Sir/Madam,

Welcome home! I hope today has exceeded your expectations. You certainly deserve it! Rain or shine, I’m sure today has been unforgettable. I can only imagine how breathtakingly beautiful your memorials are in person.

My name is [Mary71], and I’m a senior in high school. My friends and I are going to college to pursue our passions, and we know our stories would be very different if it weren’t for you. Your sacrifice has given us the most precious gift—our freedom. Words fail to accurately express our gratitude.

Your bravery and resilience is inspiring. I can’t imagine how it felt to face your fears head-on, and fulfill your duty. It was a tremendous responsibility and burden, and you did a spectacular job. Just in case you need to hear it once more—thank you!

Your legacy has been immortalized, not just in your memorial, but by the way your sacrifice has shaped the lives of all Americans. Our freedom is a direct result of your bravery and resilience, and is your legacy. Your courage will forever be remembered.

Thank you for your service. I hope you have a safe journey home.

Thank you,

[Mary71]

Written for Mail Call for Honor Flight.