Heroes Are Everywhere | Teen Ink

Heroes Are Everywhere

By c2r5h BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
c2r5h BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

I’m a 17 year old high school senior. I live with my parents, my four brothers, and my two dogs. I’ve lived in Hartland, Wisconsin, for all of my life, but I’ve also had the privilege to visit to many places across our glorious country. From the lake I live on, to the Florida beaches I’ve walked on, to the Colorado mountains I’ve skied down, over to the Arizona desert I’ve golfed in, out to the Gold Gate Bridge I’ve biked acrossed, over to the streets of New York City I’ve strolled down, and through the Memorials in Washington D.C. I’ve admired, I’ve witnessed freedom in every corner of our great country.

Both of my grandfathers are veterans who served in the Korean War and WWII, they’ve always reminded me that freedom is granted through the brave men that fought for our country. I want to thank you so very much for protecting our great country and giving us the freedom and peace of mind we have here. It’s because of you, I am able to pursue the dreams that I have. I feel so lucky and feel so blessed to have that opportunity, it’s only possible all because of you.

I hope you had a wonderful day throughout Washington D.C. and I hope you enjoyed the breathtaking memorials that were built in your honor. There are so many things to be thankful for during this Holiday season, and our veterans are some of them!