My Dad My True Hero | Teen Ink

My Dad My True Hero

By nurinzaimah SILVER, Kota Samarahan, Other
nurinzaimah SILVER, Kota Samarahan, Other

The youngest son of a farmer,my father was born on 11 May 1973 at Kampung Tanjung Apong,Sarawak. He had his primary education at his hometown. He studied at SMK Agama Matang,Kuching until Form Three and moved to Klang Islamic College which is known as Sultan Alam Shah Islamic College after he got an offer from that college. He did very well in his studies. He was also really determined for being far from his parents for a long period. Compared to ,e,I can always keep in touch with my parents but my father's family was poor,so they couldn't often come to visit him.

In 1991,he continued his studies at International Islamic University at Gombak. He took course of law. He started working to find money by himself. At IIU,he had been active in hiking club. Through this club,he met my mother for the first time and they fell in love with each other. He graduated with flying colors and worked as a lawyer at Kuching.

A hardworking and great lawyer,he won many cases. Because of some reasons,my mother asked him to quit from being a lawyer and he quitted. I was born at that time.

Then,he worked as a land officer. He was often transfered to different places such as Miri,Samarahan and now,Kuching. That's why my family often moved. He is really professional in his work. Now,he is an assistant secretary of Ministry of Industrial Development. He is busy working and always going outstation. Because of this, I can often meet him at TKC during weekend because every month he comes to Kuala Lumpur for work.

I love my dad very much. I don't need dark knights in fairy tales , I only need my dad,the true hero.