Unbroken | Teen Ink

Unbroken

By Jeefff BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Jeefff BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

The story shows the other side of war showing what it was l in prison camps during ww2. The story is about a man named Louie Zamperini an Olympic runner that joins the U.S. Air Force to fight against the Japanese. He was assigned to be a bombardier in a b-24 Liberator which he and his crew called their plane the super man. Louie had many successful missions but the victories took their tolls, one of the gunners had died and another lost his toe. And after one mission Louie and the other remaining crew had to leave the super man because of how badly damaged the plane got from its last bombing mission. Louie and two other crew of the super man phil the pilot and Mac they had returned to Honolulu and had been driving through and were stopped by a officer who had argued with Louie and the others and forced them to volunteer to help on a rescue mission using a very unstable b-24 called the green hornet. During the search for a missing aircraft there was a failure in one of the engines and the plane crashed on the Pacific Ocean. The only ones who survived were Louie phil and Mac.