Take a leaf out of someone’s book | Teen Ink

Take a leaf out of someone’s book

August 18, 2013
By Irenic BRONZE, Karachi, Other
Irenic BRONZE, Karachi, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Learn from your mistakes


Father of nation as well as father of Dina Wadia, son of Jinnah Bhai Poonja, so the grandson of Poonja Gokuldas Meghji , who was he ?
Our Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. He was born on 25th of December 1876 which was, is and will be the blessed day. His birthday is very near.
With a huge research, here I come up to write this document in which I am going to share some peculiar facts about our father of nation but first ancestors.
Poonja Gokuldas Meghji, who was the grandfather, Mahima Yara Jinnah, the grandmother of Quaid. Both the grandparents were Hindu, belonged to an old caste named Lohana , lived in Paneli village located in Gondal state in Kathiawar, Meghji’s occupation was fish trading but due to some clashes with strong vegetarian Lohana, he was ostracized from the community or you can caste and then how they converted into Gujrati. After some year both these old people converted into Islam when their own son, Jinnah Bhai Poonja converted into Islam.
Now let’s come to Jinnah Bhai Poonja, the father of Quaid-e-Azam . Jinnah bhai Poonja was Hindu but when he grew older he converted into Islam and belonged to the caste named AgaKhan. He was the wealthy businessman lived on the second storey of Wazir mansion with his wife Mithi Bai Jinnah and his seven children: Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Ahmed Ali Jinnah, Bunde Ali Jinnah, Rehmat Ali Jinnah, Maryam Jinnah, Shireen Jinnah and Fatima Jinnah. Wazir Mansion is located in Kharadar nowadays but before partition it was in Bombay Presidency.
Now it’s time to tell you about third generation of Jinnah family. In third generation of Jinnah, the most notable member is of course our Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. He was the eldest one in his siblings. He had two brothers: Ahmed Ali Jinnah and Bunde Ali Jinnah. He had four sisters: Rehmat Jinnah, Maryam Jinnah, Shireen Jinnah and Fatima Jinnah. Guys we all know that our Quaid studied total in 3 schools. But before taking admission in Sindh-Madrasa-Tul-Islam, he studied in Okhai Memon School. So now you got to know that he studied total in 4 schools not 3. First is Okhai Memon School, then Sindh-Madrasa-Tul-Islam briefly at the Gokal Das Tej Primary School, located in Bombay the fourth one is Christian Mission High School where he passed his matriculation.
Yar Guys I want to share an unknown fact which is really an interesting one but it is not well-known. Actually I myself didn’t know about it, my cousin’s professor who teaches law. The fact is that:
Theperson who understands the law he or she is intelligent but the person who take out faults from law he or she is more intelligent. Our Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah was one of them. One day he was prosecution the case of a person. Unfortunately he loses the case and judge announced to execute the person. Next day the person was hung, lawyers were going to execute suddenly Muhammad Ali Jinnah stopped Judge. All lawyers and judge in court were taken aback and asked Muhammad “Why”, now just read the answer carefully, Muhammad Replied “ your given punishment is “Hang him” so he is hang your given punishment is fulfill if you give “ Hang him till death than understand but it doesn’t”
So he is our Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah who found mistakes from law, it shows how carefully he read a single law.
I have still another fact. British gave the title of “sir” which was valuable and a very great honored oneat that time. But Quaid refused to accept that title.
Basically our Quaid led his full life with patience, tolerance as well as by using his intelligence and smartness. Do you know? He was the man of tolerance. In 1940 he got Tuberculosis and after some years past he got lung cancer. But no one knew about in India except his sister and his personal doctor: Dr. Col Illahi Baksh and other very close relatives. This performed action shows how much patience and tolerance present inside him and this performance actually is an example for us .
About his illness, the last viceroy of India: Lord Mountbatten said:
“Quaid is suffering from Tuberculosis, if Indians know about it Pakistan can’t be independent”.
On another eve he spoken these words:
“India can be independent without Gandhi but without Quaid Pakistan can’t be independent”.


The author's comments:
The personality of Founder of Pakistan inspired me to write this article.