Four Heros | Teen Ink

Four Heros

April 11, 2008
By Anonymous

I have been blessed to know many heros. I grew up with them and they have been a big influence on my life. I think I am a better person because of them. Although there are so many I could talk about, I will only talk about those who are in my family.

I have four heros to talk about. The first one is my mother. She is a nurse at a near by hospital. She works with the newborn babies and save they're lives every time she goes to work. She saves lives so that they can continue living and maybe hopefully make a difference in they're own life. I know that without my mother, that there would be a lot less children in the world.

The second one is my dad. He has been an officer here in Utah for seventeen years. He has saved many many people from a horrible fate whether it be abuse, drugs, a car accident or anything else, he has definitely made a difference. I know that many people still appreciate him to this day. I also know some do not since they have to stay in jail for a while, but they may eventually thank him. He is probably the reason I want to make a difference in this world.

The third person in my life is my brother. He is new at it and hasn't been doing this very long. He is becoming a fire fighter. He may not have saved any lives yet, but he will someday. He already has while he was working as a lifeguard. He continues to inspire me because he is becoming more and more responsible. I am so proud of him.

My last person is my cousin. He is part of the National Guard and as soon as he finishes High school, he will probalby go over and fight the war. That is not the only thing he has done. He is training to be a EMT or paramedic. He currently has already saved lives while he was just doing his regular life. I admire his courage and how willing he is to help others. Even risking his life.

They all risk they're life in one way or another. Some in more obvious ways, but they all make a difference in someone's life. Especially mine. I am glad I know these people. I am proud to know them and I think they should get more respect. Not just these people I personally know. All the nurses, Police officers, Firefighters, soldiers, and paramedics should get respect from their community because they deserve it. They are the most incredible people I know. They are true heros.