Strength | Teen Ink

Strength

November 30, 2011
By arcanine24 PLATINUM, Ventnor, New Jersey
arcanine24 PLATINUM, Ventnor, New Jersey
47 articles 1 photo 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everyone has a story; just some are more interesting to read than others.


“BEEP BEEP BEEP,” your alarm clock screeches. As you drowsily drag yourself out of bed, you head towards the bathroom to splash water in your face. You then travel back to your room to get ready for the school day ahead of you. However, while putting your sneakers on, out of the corner of your eyes, you notice the date on the calendar. With jovial gesticulations, the words “Multicultural Day” escape from your lips. You then hasten to get to school, knowing the enjoyment that is in store for you.

Every year, almost 1.5 million people migrate to the Land of Opportunity to start a new life full of prosperity, freedom, and heart. This makes the USA the most culturally diverse country in the world. No other nation will you be able to sit in a classroom with people whose roots stretch and vary from Afghanistan to Zambia. However, this isn’t the greatest factor as to why the Melting Pot of the World is a grand location, for the main selling point is the Heart of the American People.

Almost everywhere in the globe, we as Americans are contributing to a better world not just in the fields of science and medicine, but also in the fields of compassion and soul. When New Orleans got the short end of the stick, who hastened to support them? When disaster struck Haiti, who was one of the earliest nations to arrive with help? After Japan was terrorized with natural disasters, who came to their aid? Many people believe that the USA is strong because of vast armies and superior power, but real strength comes from unity. It is easy to push someone down, but it takes strength to help them back up.

Another great aspect of the USA is freedom, or the 5 Freedoms (speech, press, religion, petition, and assembly). What some people don’t realize is how fortunate they are. In some countries, you aren’t allowed to say whatever you want, or wear whatever you want, or even believe what ever you want. Americans, however, have this luxury. This is why people all over the world immigrate to the USA and will gladly stand up and defend her, and why there is pride in every American heart. This is why I am proud to be an American. God Bless the USA