Rachel Scott | Teen Ink

Rachel Scott

November 27, 2010
By AuroraBliss SILVER, Seneca, South Carolina
AuroraBliss SILVER, Seneca, South Carolina
6 articles 0 photos 3 comments

If I had to name one person that has made a huge impact on me, it would have to be Rachel Scott. At the age of seventeen, she was killed in the Columbine shooting.Her tragic death is not what influenced me, it was the life she lived on earth.

Rachel stayed true to herself, to others, and more importantly to God. She wasn't afraid to stand out of the crowd, allowed her light to shine bright. In a sinful place like earth, light needs to over-power darkness.

She stood up for what she believed in, a servent of the father. Though she was not perfect, she was a light in darkness. Willingly, Rachel showed how deep her love for the Lord was on that sorrow-filled day,April 20,1999. While facing prodigest death, she was asked if she believed in God. Bold and true, she affrimed and the trigger was pulled. Once I heard about her extraordinary story, I had to know more. So one day I finally got the book "Rachel's tears". And as I started to leaf through the pages, I was amazed. Here's one of the quotes from Rachel's journal: "I am not going to apologize for speaking the of Jesus, I am not going to justify my faith to them, and I am not going to hide the light that God has put in me. If I have to sacrifice everything... I will."
If I had to name one person that has made a huge impact on me, it would have to be Rachel Scott.