Joe Paterno | Teen Ink

Joe Paterno

November 17, 2009
By oxboy78 SILVER, Newark, Delaware
oxboy78 SILVER, Newark, Delaware
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
We are a team, a team is a unit, a unit is one


Joe Paterno (Joe Pa) is the head coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions football team, and has been for 43 years. He is a great leader figure for his team and everyone else. He is a good leader because he has great qualities, like courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self control, and indomitable spirit. He shows these qualities on and off the field. He is fair when suspending a player. He expects his players to be well behaved on and off the field. He expects them to be doing well academically and if they are not there are consequences. The consequences are the same no matter who you are. He also has knowledge of the subject he is leading. If he did not know about what he is doing he would not be any good at it and he wouldn’t be doing it. He is also a great communicator. If he could not communicate to others he could not get their attention and it would make much harder for him to lead. He is also a great leader because he leads by example. He is also very clear with what he is saying to his players. Also he does not tell them to do one thing and then he goes and does another. If Joe Paterno was not passionate about what he is doing he would not be as good of a leader as he is today. These are reasons he is an inspiration to me and a good leader.