Dear Vietnam Veteran | Teen Ink

Dear Vietnam Veteran

By noelleb GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
noelleb GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Vietnam Veteran,

I want to start off by saying it is such an honor to be thanking you for your heroic and selfless actions. I am sorry that I can not tell you in person, but welcome home. All of the words in the world cannot describe the gratitude and appreciation I have for you and your bravery.

My name is Noelle, and I am a junior in high school. I cannot imagine what you had to go through around that time in your life, choosing to fight for our country. I barely have an idea of what I want to do with my life, and at this time in yours you had already chosen such an important job. I thank you for the sacrifices you made, leaving friends and family as well as risking your life. You are an inspiration and a hero.

When I was younger, I traveled to Washington D.C. I went to each memorial and saw every landmark that you have seen today. I was too young to truly understand the meaning behind each memorial. However, I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to see those important monuments. As I get older, my knowledge grows as well as my appreciation. The meaning behind each memorial is so strong, and I pray that you had a memorable experience looking at each one.

I hope today you were able to receive the welcome home you truly deserved. You are a role model to all generations to come. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you for your bravery, sacrifice, and everything you have done to keep this country safe. I hope your trip to DC was even better than you expected, and one last time, welcome home.

With love,

Noelle