Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

By blazer24 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
blazer24 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,

My name is Maddie and I attend high school as a junior. Our class finished watching the Honor Flight movie, and it inspired me to reach out and show my gratitude towards you for my freedom. This movie was personal, as I have a grandpa who was drafted into the Vietnam War. Many of my very own classmates have similar situations to mine. Veterans are all around us, and I hope each receive the letter of recognition they deserve.

What you had sacrificed at such a young age should not go unnoticed. Without you, the privilege to attend school, and live life freely would not be a reality, and for that I thank you. The blood sweat and tears you fought through is what I want to be recognized; and the selflessness you proved to obtain. My family, and everyone else in the United States gets to wake up free and live their best lives because of you. Thank you for allowing me to play the sports I love, attend school, and for allowing me to have a safe place I call home. I sincerely thank you for fighting for our country’s freedom.

I hope that with this Honor Flight, comes new memories of love and affection; and the proper ‘welcome home’ that you deserve. I hope this letter serves as a reminder for how much we appreciate you and get the praises you deserve.

Your determination to fight for our country’s freedom is what sets the United States above all others. I am thankful to say that I live in the safe state of Wisconsin. You are to be credited with this feeling of power, and I once again want to give my thanks. Without the courageous acts of men and women like yourself, our country wouldn’t be anywhere near the same; and for this I want to say thank you for my freedom.