Mail Call | Teen Ink

Mail Call

By szigg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
szigg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,

First off I would like to start by saying thank you, thank you for all the hard time and effort that you put into making this country the way it is today. Thank you for having the bravery that many of us don’t have. You and all your conrad's are the definition of a hero and people aspire to be like you.  

My name is Sierra, I am a senior in high school. I am just a few months shy of 18 which sounds like that's around the time most of you men got deployed.  I plan to go off to college next year and then pursue a degree in elementary education. I have you to thank for the ability to prosure the interests that I have. You fighting for our country and our freedom gives me the ability to do as I please.

One of my really good friends just got deployed to Afghanistan this month and its nerve wracking, but he doing well for this country and he’s proud of that. He said that the hardest part of leaving was leaving behind his family. I can't even imagine living in my family at such a young age. My grandpa is also a veteran but he doesn't talk about it much. He was an engineer in the navy and he caught a huge shark but that about all I know about his time.

I would love to hear more about your experience if you are willing to share. Once again thank you for serving for our country, you are a hero!

Sincerely,

Sierra