Beth Meyers | Teen Ink

Beth Meyers

By Gracie. SILVER, Marinette, Wisconsin
Gracie. SILVER, Marinette, Wisconsin

Just try and not to fangirl to loudly

To be honest I have always hated Math. I dreaded coming to this class where I knew next to nothing and was afraid to ask questions. Then I started eighth grade. I got Mrs.Meyers for Math. At first I was a bit skeptical of her. After all Math is promised to be fun each year Right? I was pleasently surprised when her promise came true. She explained things in an easy to follow along way and tended to ask kids questions to get them thinking without giving them the answer. As the days went on in math, I started to less and less dread coming to class. I grew quite comfortably in her class and was able to tell her things I don't usually confide in people. Whenever I was having a hard time, either with a student or at home or work, she always asked if I wanted to talk about it. And I truly needed that. Sometimes Mrs. Meyers can be a whirlwind of camo clothing, and big curly hair. Sometimes(if you make her mad on a Monday) she can hold a grudge that lasts the whole week. But when push comes to shove, she makes me eager to come to the one class I used to truly hate. 

Mrs. Meyers is one of My favorite teachers and I couldn't have survived 8th grade without her.