Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

October 6, 2014
By brewersrock27 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
brewersrock27 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Mr. Brengosz

When I started attending Arrowhead High School, I did not like school very much. But, this all changed when I had Algebra and Geometry my freshman and sophomore years.  These classes were taught by my all time favorite teacher, Mr. Brengosz. He made class fun, enjoyable, and a class I looked forward going to everyday.  

I was not a great math student before I had Mr. Brengosz.  He helped me become a more confident and better math student. He would take his own time out of his life to help me with my homework if I did not understand something. He also did math reviews and helped students before and after school. 

I will never forget all the times we talked about sports. We talked forever about what's going on in baseball, football, and sometimes hockey. He always did a fact of the day about current events in the world or things that happened back in the day.  

As a former Arrowhead student, Mr. Brengosz is a teacher that is relatable to many  Arrowhead students. Although he is only in his mid 20’s, he is like Alex Trebek? from Jeopardy who is constantly seeking trivia facts. Challenging, kind, and motivating are words to describe Mr. Brengosz. I have him to thank for my success in math, for being such a great mentor, and for and changing my perspective on school.


 


The author's comments:

I'm currently a junior at Arrowhead High School.