Miss Bower | Teen Ink

Miss Bower

November 17, 2008
By Anonymous

Have you ever heard of school being fun? That’s right, I said fun! Miss Bower a second year math teacher at Arrowhead High School in Wisconsin, and she has the school liking her. If it’s not Math, then it’s sports. She enjoys watching Brett Favre. Yes, he is now on the Jets; yet, she still follows his games even though she has fallen in love with Aaron Kampman. There are more reasons that I can think of that make me like her as a teacher.

She is young and can relate to our generation. She is not one of those old geezers who say we are spoiled. She understands our point of view and will give each child an equal opportunity to succeed. Miss Bower is the kind of teacher who makes me want to learn the curriculum. She makes learning fun by using the Smart Board, which we play with every day. We joke around, but we still meet our requirements for that lesson. During the class period, we have a checkpoint so we can take a break and relax. Outside of class, If I do not understand the material, I can come in at anytime and she will be glad to help me or any of the other students.

When I was new to North Campus, she was willing to take me into her ninth hour class, which she would have used as a prep class. So many kids were jealous of me and wanted into her classroom during their study hall. At the end of the year, half the study hall moved into her room. She was willing to take us in during her own time.

The reason why Miss Bower should be the educator of the year is because she is willing to help anyone (even if you are not in her class) with math. She’s is also there for your personal life too. She cares about you as much as she would care about her own kids (if she had any). Finally, Miss Bower is what made me have a successful math grades at North Campus. I felt no matter how bad I did, I could always fix my mistakes and do little things that help improve my grade.

Famous quote by Miss Bower: “Make smart Decisions”