Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By madddstacks BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
madddstacks BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

keep it trill

Who would be a better teacher to nominate than my 8th grade teacher? No one. Mr. L was the most influential teacher I have had by far. He helped me reach my mountain top.

He always knew how to make a boring lesson so much fun! Every one of his classes for sure was something different. From Coming to America, all the way to the JFK unit. Everyone seemed to really love the JFK unit because we really got to dig deep into the investigation on who killed the president, and we watched many interesting videos on the concept. His class never seemed to have a dull moment. This is probably why his class was my most favorite class.

I had other great 8th grade teachers that helped me so much, but Mr. L was always such a fun, laid back teacher. He always had the greatest sense of humor, which meant a fun class no matter what. One cool thing about him though was his decorating skills. His room was decorated from top to bottom, with all kinds of interesting knick-knacks. There was literally no extra room for anything.

Mr. L is my top choice because I feel like he took me under his wing. He was always there for me and always put me in a good mood. He was such a strong and dedicated teacher, which is what I admire the most about him. He knew we would get bored or want to fall asleep trying to read the work from the books, so he took a lot of time to make every lesson he could as fun as possible. His classes were easily the highlight of my day.

This award would be perfect for Mr. L because he was such a great teacher; he was also a very inspiring one too. He had a great personality for coming into school every day in a good mood. I wish other kids were able to have the experience I had in his class. My 8th grade year was unforgettable thanks to him and all the great memories I have. Thank you so much Mr. Lingenfelter; you will always be my educator of the year.