Mrs. Danay | Teen Ink

Mrs. Danay

By GummyDwarf BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
GummyDwarf BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

“I’m worried about Sebastien.” My sister told me Mrs. Danay told her. After only a few weeks of knowing her, this showed me how much she cared for students.  She made sure to check up on me regularly. She shows care and concern for all of her students at Arrowhead Union High School but makes it personal at the same time. I didn’t have much interest at all in intro to business class but Mrs. Danay made me look forward to coming to class each day. 

She’s always understanding of the reasons why a student doesn’t turn in an assignment and looks to fix the problem. She makes class about actually learning instead of grades. It always seemed like her goal was to make me smile and she felt better when I did. When I emailed her asking if I could turn in my assignment late, I had missed the previous two classes and her first question was “are you okay?”

I also felt more connected with the students in her class than in my other classes because she let us get to know each other better. I’ve only had Mrs. Danay for two semesters but in that short period of time, I feel like I’ve gotten to know a lot about her. She likes to talk about her family and shares stories ranging from wholesome, to sad, or funny. She’s the most approachable teacher I've ever had and acts more like a mom than a teacher most of the time. Most days, I went nearly the whole day without talking to anyone until her class. Usually the conversations with her weren’t very long because I had a class to get to but they were always one of my favorite parts of the day.

I had a graphic design for business class last semester where at least half the reason I signed up for it was because I had heard she taught the class. Mrs. Danay will be a teacher that I will remember and will impact me for a long time.