Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

June 4, 2019
By velasco BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
velasco BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Many people deserve to win EOY but I mostly believe Master Sgt. Howie should win EOY this year. Howie should earn this award because he’s smart, fun, and kind. also, he knows how to have a great time with his cadets and make everyone smile. Howie is an amazing teacher who everyone believes that he deserves to win EOY.


Howie is a smart teacher because he knows how to take care of his platoons in a smart way. For example, in the winter time he told us to check our pockets since we aren’t allowed to put our hands in our pockets. also , when he lets us us use our phones in his class, but he tells us to check your cellular data in case of an emergency. Howie knows what to say and do in certain problems his platoon face. Also, when we are having inspection, he tells us to relax and never stand at attention only when we have to so no one will pass out. Overall Howie is smart teacher because he knows what to say to his platoons so we won’t hurt ourselves and so we will have fun.


Howie is a fun teacher because he knows how to have fun, and he has funny stories about when he got deployed. Howie has told us many of times that he likes to party all the time, but he never drinks, and his amazing stories that what his fellow soldiers did when they went out to party, are hysterical. Also, when Howie teaches us a lesson he always tries to find a videos or movies of the lesson; but he knows all the great movies, and most of the time he lets us keep watching the movie after the part is over. Howie lets us have lots of fun in his classes, but when we have to take things seriously, we always do because he lets us have fun, but we have to pay him back by listening.


Howie is a really kind teacher because he cares about cadets. He’s kind to all he’s platoons, but when he has to take things seriously,  he is not the kindness, but he is still a nice, and kind teacher. If you looked sad, depressed, or tired Howie always asks if you are okay or do you need help with some problems. Also, Howie always checks his platoon after a workout or run to see if you are hydrated or if you feel like passing out. Even if Howie doesn’t teach other cadets, he still asks if there’s a problem cause he cares about everyone.


Howie is an amazing teacher who deserves to win EOY because he is fun, smart, and kind to everyone in his platoons or in school. Howie is a smart because he knows how to break the rules, but in a smart way by wording it differently he’s fun because he knows how to make everyone laugh and smile. Howie is kind because he checks everyone if their feeling feeling good mentally and physically when he see something different in you. Overall Howie is a great teacher who honestly deserves more than EOY because he has done so much for all cadets at DMA