EOY essay. | Teen Ink

EOY essay.

By YoungReligion BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
YoungReligion BRONZE, Newark, Delaware

It has only been one marking period, yet Mr. Young has proven to be one of the best teachers I have ever had. He’s a supportive teacher who is very easy-going once you get to understand him. He’s a very supportive teacher who always comes into class with a smile and activities ready for the day willing to help anyone.

I have PE last block in which I would normally be tired by that point; however, Mr. Young’s activities helps me stay awake and energetic. I also like that he gives us activities and he is very active and joins in our sports like pickleball or he shoots hoops with us in basketball and turn those sports into competitions giving us incentives to try harder. He doesn’t just sit back and watch. I used to think I sucked at soccer, but Mr. Young complimented my skills l and said I looked really good.

It’s important to not have a bad attitude. It helps you connect and relate with your students. Not once in the entire time I had PE did I ever see Mr. Young come in with a bad attitude. He’s always so energetic which is a huge feat with three blocks and over 90 kids. Mr. Young will listen to anyone regardless of the time of day. I went up to him to ask about my grades, and he was willing to listen and explain what happened.

Another thing is he is always helpful and trusting. You can just go to him and have one-on-one without any of the awkwardness. For instance, on the first day when I was confused about the PE uniform, he was able to tell me what I could and couldn’t wear. It’s probably due to him being on the younger side and being able to relate with us kids and knowing what they think or want. He allows us to choose teams instead of forcing strangers to work together on 3 step or soccer.

Why does Mr. Young deserve the EOY? He’s the embodiment of what a teacher should be. A supportive, authority figure who will guide you without any judgement or forcing obstacles in your way. He’s very relaxed but strict when he needs to be. He doesn’t reprimand students for every little thing and he’s a generally helpful person. These feats is why I nominate him Educator of the Year because he’s a great educator.