Actor Dylan Sprayberry | Teen Ink

Actor Dylan Sprayberry

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Dylan Sprayberry is a young actor who has appeared in many popular TV shows, such as iCarly and Criminal Minds. He's acted alongside Emily Osment in Soccer Mom and more recently guest-starred on Glee. I was just given the opportunity to interview Dylan for Teen Ink.

Rachel – Tell us about yourself.

Dylan Sprayberry – My name is Dylan Muse Sprayberry. I am 13 years old and an actor. Besides being an actor, I’m a mixed martial artist, a painter and I play a little guitar. I am very inspired by Johnny Depp, Tom Hardy, Channing Tatum , and the artful minds of Tim Burton and Jack White!

RH – How did you first become interested in acting?

DS – After I did my first commercial when I was 3.

RH – So you recently appeared on Glee; what's the episode about?

DS – In my episode, I play younger version of Matt Bomer character, Cooper Anderson.

RH – Will this be a one time appearance or will your character be recurring?

DS – For now I’m guest-starring, but I hope to be on again!

RH – What was it like working with the cast?

DS – Meeting the cast was great. My scene was mainly with the younger version of Darren Criss' character.

RH – Are you a fan of Glee in real life?

DS – Yes, I watched the first season at least three times. My favorite episode was when Kurt kicked the field goal while dancing to "All the Single Ladies"!

RH – Who were you most excited to meet?

DS – Matt Bomer!

RH – What other projects are you currently working on?

DS – Currently , I am recurring  on a USA series called “Common Law” and very excited to have just wrapped a Warner Bros feature film, Man of Steel in which I play a teenaged Clark Kent. In the film, I play a young version of Henry Cavill, my father is Kevin Costner and my mom is Diane Lane .... doesn't get much better than that!

RH – What advice do you have for aspiring actors?

DS – Focus on just doing the work and not on the results. Know the facts, tell the truth and don't be afraid to take chances!