True stories by teens written on a variety of topics. | Teen Ink

Nonfiction

Most discussed Nonfiction

Nonfiction
comments
By david quiroz BRONZE
Boise, Idaho

I was 9 years when this happened. I was living at Mexico City. The street was cold mansaniyo, a poor house. Some of the houses had holes in the walls. My house was cool but it was...
david quiroz BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

BubbleHead BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Brandon Gallegos BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Nonfiction
By marquis SILVER
Austin, Texas
marquis SILVER, Austin, Texas
Nonfiction
marquis SILVER, Austin, Texas
Nonfiction
By YojiFuji BRONZE
Bangkok, Other
YojiFuji BRONZE, Bangkok, Other
Nonfiction
Trenton Trussell BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Nonfiction
By el-oh-el PLATINUM
Maloney Gardens, Other
el-oh-el PLATINUM, Maloney Gardens, Other

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
-Marianne Williamson

Nonfiction
By meredith BRONZE
Nacogdoches, Texas
meredith BRONZE, Nacogdoches, Texas

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that way you can learn to let go.Things go wrong so that way you appreciate them when thet're right. You believe lies so that way you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. .."

Nonfiction
abbottlm BRONZE, Dallas, Texas