Sarah's Story | Teen Ink

Sarah's Story MAG

By Anonymous

   Sarah's Story

Hi, my name is Sarah. I'm 15 years old. My story is about my brother. He died three and a half years ago. He was a straight up homie. He hung around the bad street. He didn't look for too much trouble. He was quiet most of the time. He wasn't a bad kid. He was only 17 and was changing for the better!

One night he walked his girlfriend home and was walking back home (then not even five minutes away from our street). Someone shot him three times.

Till this day after three years the police have not found out who took my brother away from me and my family. He didn't have enemies. He kept to himself most of the time, but he was my only brother to look up to! Now I'm the oldest and I'm the one who keeps his memory alive between me and my little sister. My sister was one year old when he died and she loved him and he loved her and till this day even though three years have gone by, she still mentions him and remembers him. She loves Gangsta Lean the song. She's only four and knows it word for word. This song means a lot to me and my brother's friends. It's his whole life! I'm glad some in show business are talking about what really goes on in our streets.

It's getting sad in the streets. It's good to know people are listening 'cause I'm listening! My brother's death damaged me and my family for life, something that can never be healed, something that's gone forever.

I hope you enjoyed my letter DRS. This is a story that's my life!



by S. K., Bridgewater, MA