Teachers' Day | Teen Ink

Teachers' Day

By GSree SILVER, Hyderabad, Washington
GSree SILVER, Hyderabad, Washington

Live Life Queen Size

“A good teacher is like a candle it consumes itself to light the way for others”
This is so very true.
Each and every one of us has experienced the warmth and friendship of a teacher at some or other time in our lives. A teacher teaches us to face the world with so much hope, determination and confidence that perhaps even our parents may not be able to do so.

A day dedicated to them is not enough according to me as whatever we do to earn our daily bread it‘s all because of them. Every country has a day dedicated to teachers. The date may not be the same but the intention is always the same for any country person celebrating teachers’ day. In India teachers’ day is celebrated on 5th September every year. This day is celebrated as teachers’ day as it was the birthday of Dr.Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan who was the second president of India and a great teacher. He said that instead of celebrating his birthday he requested to observe his birthday as teachers’ day.

In my life I was very fortunate to be taught by excellent teachers at my school. It’s because of them that I choose engineering for my graduation as the interest in science has been inculcated in me by them. Not only my teachers at school, my music teacher too helped me a lot. She taught us with so much dedication that it was impossible not to get those values from her. She was so patient with us when we were unable to learn a piece of music. I am always indebt to her for the moral values she gave me. She always told that if we do our duty well then we need not worry for the result. I always follow this principle in my life.

This teachers’ day all of us must try to remember and honour those teachers who made a significant impact in our lives right from childhood.

This is a heart felt message to all my dear teachers.