To the Girls with Stars in Their Heart | Teen Ink

To the Girls with Stars in Their Heart

By fireandrain PLATINUM, Wayland, Massachusetts
fireandrain PLATINUM, Wayland, Massachusetts

"People who think they are crazy enough to change the world usually end up being the ones who change it."

I. Know that this, is all temporary. All the moments where you look in the mirror and see nothing but worthless, each day you walk into school and feel absolutely invisible - it will fade away. Your destiny is coming, so ride the waves to the end of the storm.

II. You will meet people who will hurt you. People that dig their fingernails into your heat, leaving cookie cutter marks that won’t ever quite heal. They will hurt. You may bleed but you will also come to know those that will make that empty cavern in your chest dazzle with hope. People who’ll say your name as though you are the best thing to ever happen to them - and when those miracles wander in, you’ll know it was worth the wait.

III. You’re going to want to do stupid s***. Someday you’ll die to press send on that email, or to knock that b**** into a wall - but you won’t. Because you’re smarter than that. Then again, maybe you will, and you’ll learn that sometimes… you are the bad guy. See, that lesson stings. But it’s one you won’t forget, and you’ll realize you must be careful in the way you move yourself through life.

IV. You’re going to find your passion. Sometimes, it feels like everyone has got their thing, and you’re just dull and uninteresting - but wait. It will come. And when it does, you will know, because your entire being will swell with the magic of knowing that you’ve found a place where your puzzle piece sits correctly.

V. Nothing is impossible. If someone tells you that you cannot fly, kick their foot off your cape. If somebody tells you “no,” find another path. You are not made of submission, nor trampled dreams. Don’t settle for putting limits on your imagination, because in the end, your mind is the only thing you will have.

VI. There will be a moment when you are alone. When you are positively, mind numbingly alone. It will be silent, it will be dark - and all you’ll want to do is grab those pills, that scarf, that razor - and make everything wash down the shower drain with your tears. These times may come more than once. They might show up often, ripping your soul into shreds, but -

VII. There will also be moments of sweetness. Seconds that taste like honey on the tip of your tongue, times when you feel nothing but alive. It’s when you and your best friend are dancing at midnight to that one overplayed song on the radio. It’s when the one you love is holding you in their arms, their voice in your ear - and all you can do is grin. It’s every memory that you will look back on, and wish you could repeat time - because this, darling, are the moments to stay for. This is what makes life worth it.

Little reminders for when you feel alone. I promise, you aren't.