Fish are Great Animals | Teen Ink

Fish are Great Animals

May 21, 2013
By MADavis ELITE, Kentland, Indiana
MADavis ELITE, Kentland, Indiana
100 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Fish inhabit the beautiful seas and lakes that we enjoy here on Earth. They just swim freely with no worries. “Just keep swimming; just keep swimming,” as Dory the fish once said. That is just about all they do. Well, that and find food and reproduce. They live a simple fishy lifestyle. They also have to try to get away from predators. But hey, they might find that exciting.

There are many types of fish on this beautiful planet including starfish, sharks, catfish, clown fish, cod, blue gill, angel fish, and much, much more. They come in many different shapes and sizes. Some are big like whale sharks, which can sometimes reach up to 40 feet, and some are small like goldfish, which are just a few inches long. There are fish that eat other fish, there are fish that eat plankton, and there are fish that eat seaweed and other plants. There are tons of different types of fish.

Fish are also the only species of animal that can breathe underwater. I like their attitude. They are so chill and relaxed. They are all like, “I’m just a fish moving on with my fishy life.” So next time you feel down in the dumps, think like a fish and move on.