life today... | Teen Ink

life today...

May 20, 2013
By KatieDear PLATINUM, East Greenbush, New York
KatieDear PLATINUM, East Greenbush, New York
27 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Stars can't shine without darkness


"Hold out your arms," she said to me. Her voice was shaking a little and her eyes started to fill with tears. I held out my arms, hoping she wouldn't pull back my sleaves. I wanted her to see, but I was afaid of her reaction. She started to pull at the one sleave. she only had it up half way when she gasped. "why..," she asked with her voice nearly to a shaking whisper.

"I- it just hurts..." I said with tears filling my eyes. It felt as if my tounge was swelling and I couldnt speak. I just watched her. Her tears falling from her face onto my arm.

"But why this much..." she said now crying. I felt a tear roll down my face. I hate seeing her cry.

"It just hurts. I want it all to be over," I said with my voice in a whisper. I sat there. Just looking at her. I pulled my sleaves down.

"I love you."

" I love you too."

"Promise me something?"

"of corse."

"If things ever get this bad again, come to me. Come to me and we will work it out. Okay?"

"Okay...." I didnt know what to do. It was a really big comittment to make. I have been self-harming since i was 13 and it became an addiction. But it has to stop evenuatlly....

"I love you. I love you very much and you need help. and I will help you get the help you need. Please let me do this," she said looking into my eyes. I bursted into tears. "Please, baby," she begged. I shook my head and continued to cry. She held me in her arms. We both cried until we fell asleep.