a dark hole | Teen Ink

a dark hole

By Shawnakat101 GOLD, Fremont, Nebraska
Shawnakat101 GOLD, Fremont, Nebraska

"To be free like a ribbon in the wind" - shawna " Every man dies, but not every man really lives" William Wallace

I've lost something you see. Its something that can't ever be replaced, can ever be found again. You can either gain one or loose one. I lost a parent.
Someone I loved so dearly is now gone in the blink of an eye. They hit me like a meteor coming from the sky leaving a big impact in my world, but then they just disappear.
I feel like I am trapped in this big hole, its so dark, scary, and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to climb out.
I have people in one ear telling me.'It's okay' 'you will get through this' you are strong'.
But in truth my mind is screaming at me. "They are wrong don't listen to those fools, now start climbing!" My mind is screaming at me and I hate it. I don't want to listen to all these people. I just want out of this stupid hole that I am trapped in so I start to climb.
My nails have dirt in them they are becoming bloody. I don't know what to do so I keep climbing.
CRASH! I am falling again but even deeper this time. I start to cry as I hit rock bottom and for the first time in my life I realize I can't get much deep. And how much time I wasted. My thoughts begin to scatter again.
Everything quiets for about ten second and I hear this voice."I am here for you." From about three million different people around me.
My mind screams at me again. "No they aren't don't fool yourself kid, you know your alone."
"SHUT UP!" I scream everything goes quiet once more.
That's when I keep hearing it. "I am here for you, we are here for you, your not alone, you don't have to be alone anymore." I see this light trying to reach for me now. It looks like a hand trying to grab me. I try to reach for it, it looks so far away.
I am straining I am trying to reach out,and my arm is getting tired. Then I hear the voice again that's smooth like honey. "You don't have to be alone anymore, you can do it all you have to do is grab my hand. I promise if you take my hand someone will be there waiting for you."
I grasp on to the first few words."YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ALONE ANYMORE!" I hear those words echo in my head. "YOU DON"T HAVE TO BE ALONE ANYMORE!"
I try to climb up and my mind keeps playing tricks on me. "You are alone." But I keep hearing. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ALONE ANYMORE!" So I keep climbing I am getting closer to the hand. I grab onto it and tears are in my eyes as i am pulled out i see light surround me and I know that I am not alone anymore. I'm not alone there are lots of teens out there like me who have lost a parent! They understand how hard it is to get out of that hole. If we help each other we don't have to be stuck in a hole of depression or negative thoughts.

I thought that this would be a good idea for teen who lost a parent to read so they can relate. NO person can understand how they really FEEL not even another teen who is going thought the same thing. I know this from experience I lost my mom. Its the hardest thing a young teen can go through I encourage to go to a free counselor or even the school counselor it helps a lot just to have someone there to talk to. The one thing I can say to teens is that no one is going to understand but you all you can do is talk about it and see how things work out. I know for a fact that its going to hurt for a long time but that will heal in time, but the missing will never ever stop.
If any of you need to talk leave a comment and I will try to get back to you when I can. This piece is how I feel remember that not how you are going to feel each person has different feelings.