Be The... | Teen Ink

Be The...

By Let-Love-In PLATINUM, Chester, Connecticut
Let-Love-In PLATINUM, Chester, Connecticut

"You fail only if you stop writing."

In a perfect world. No one would have to feel the way I do. Sometimes I cry, and feel like it’s not worth it. And then I look at how bad others have it, those going hungry, living on the streets, scraping by on nothing at all. And guilt fills me, a wave crashes over me and reminds me of all I have. A family who loves me, friends who are there for me. A warm house to sleep in, cupboards full of food. I think, and I think, and I feel. I want to make a change, be the change, that I want to see. This world, it needs us, people around the world need help. I ask myself, what can I do? I’m just one person, would my ideas go unnoticed? Or could they, in fact, make a difference. I feel so small, helpless, weak. If I had it my way, I would end all wars, end poverty, hunger, drought, all the enemies we as humans face each day. Yet, I know how impossible that is, how very little hope there is for us as a whole. Global warming, disease. Death and mourning. All the things and life, the things that are avoided at all costs. They can’t be stopped, but there has to be something, ANYTHING, that I. Little, unnoticeable, powerless me, I have to have a purpose. And so do you, and you, and you, anyone and everyone. Can make a difference, if that’s what they want. So be the change, be the change you’ve only dreamed of making. Help to make the world a better place, one step at a team. A million little changes, a million little ideas, add up to a HUGE change. So help. Help your friends, family, neighbors, strangers. Help everyone. Make a difference, take a risk, and the rewards are endless. There’s no point in feeling sorry for yourself, when you have so much. Take what you have, and spread it across the world. A breeze of good in your town, could be a hurricane of greatness in another country, you won’t know until you try. Get out there, and make a change, a difference, anything you want, don’t hold back.