Music That Speaks | Teen Ink

Music That Speaks

July 28, 2011
By dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
20 articles 0 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality


Laying in the soft grass, your hand intertwined with mine, looking up at the sky without a care in the world. When you’re with me, nothing else matters. It’s just me and you. A cloud floats carelessly across the sky, darkening the world for only a moment and in that moment, I realize that we might not make it. But then the cloud passes by and the sun brightens my face once again, and I forget about the future. I look up towards the porch where our guitars lay gently side by side. Like me and you. You get up and pick up your guitar and start to play as I lay there and listen to the beautiful sound you create. I realize I never want this moment to end. I just want to lay here and let the sun warm my face while you play your guitar. I close my eyes until I notice you’ve stopped playing. I open my eyes again to find you looking down at me with a smile across your face. Seeing you smile, I feel my own cheeks lift and my lips curve up. Then you gently lean down and kiss me softly. Then you pull back, sit on the ground next to me with your guitar, and softly play a song while I lay in the grass and listen to the music that speaks louder than all words.

With the sun goin’ down and the moon comin’ up, we lie in wait for the stars to show. The bright orange globe is just to our left, and the bright silver dots are all around us. This is the night we’ve been waiting for. We star gaze for hours, pointing out constellations, left and right. And making funny shapes with the other stars. Then the hour comes around, the one we’ve been waiting all day and most of the night for. We see one streak across the sky, then hundreds more follow. Each one choosing a different path to follow. Each meteor burning and lighting up the night sky. You reach out and take my hand, and a smile flashes across my face like a shooting star. You whisper I love you, in my ear and I turn my face to kiss you and tell you I love you too. We make our wish on the last shooting star, but we don’t move just yet. Neither of us wants to ruin the moment the stars have brought us.