Who Am I? | Teen Ink

Who Am I?

April 17, 2011
By Dreamer21 PLATINUM, Hockessin, Delaware
Dreamer21 PLATINUM, Hockessin, Delaware
29 articles 12 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.


Who am I you may ask? The answer that I would give to you is I am me. But I don't know exactly what 'me' is just yet. That is for you to decide. As you look at me you decide who I am and what I am capable of. In your eyes I could be many things. Some things that are good and others that are bad. I could be hatred and I could also be love. I could be destruction and war, while to someone other than you, I am peace and hope. I might also be something completely different. Something in between. It isn't that I am not there, but I am not someone you may see. I may just be another face in the crowd that passes you in the hallways, not really seen or heard. In your eyes I may be nothing, yet at the same time I am something. This something is only known through vision. You look at me and see a girl with brown hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. That is all you know of me. To you I am a typical human trying to exist alongside others of her kind. This is all you see. Yet there is much more hidden deep within me that is not visible on the surface. No, there is a whole other person that you do not know or understand. This is the true me. The real me that hides behind the surface may be scared, happy, upset, nervous, frustrated, and many other things. That is who I truly am for I am me. A human being.

The author's comments:
Slightly confusing I know
This is an English paper that I wrote.
The focus of this essay was the phrase 'Who Am I?' and this popped out of my head ^^