Running and Me | Teen Ink

Running and Me

When it comes to running I’m up and ready to fly. I like running because it makes me feel good about myself. When I get frustrated or upset it helps to run, it takes a lot of stuff off my mind and makes me feel better about the situation. I feel free, like I can do any thing I want as long as I put my mind to it.
I enjoy running because it’s a good activity that will keep my mind focused on what I want to accomplish. Running has helped me with a lot of stuff in my life that I thought I could never help. But I was able to deal with the issues I had because of running. That’s why I’m proud of what running has done for me.
If someone says: Hey do you want to come to this party with me I say no thanks, because I’m better that that. And have better things to do than going to a party that people think it’s cool to drink and smoke. And make a fool out their selves. Instead I can focus on what’s more important in my life. And that’ why running is my natural high.

on Sep. 13 2011 at 12:47 pm
Rocinante SILVER, Wexford, Pennsylvania
I love running also, and some of by best friends are from cross country and track. And I agree that we runners are less likely to do stupid stuff at parties and whatever because you think "This will hurt my running, better not". 

on Nov. 6 2010 at 8:56 pm
Running_in_the_Rain BRONZE, Montrose, Colorado

See my work!!
http://www.teenink.com/search.php?smodel=all&sall_uid=109226

I love this artical. I know exactly how you feel. I'm the same way. :)