Love...? | Teen Ink

Love...?

By Landry.Vampire.Writer BRONZE, Hugo, Oklahoma
Landry.Vampire.Writer BRONZE, Hugo, Oklahoma

I've heard many times that love finds you in the most unexpected places. I've also heard that young love exists. After a whole year, I finally agree.

At one point in time, I would've argued to the grave. That love never ends, that it's real, but only for people that are mature enough for it. Until, summer ང hit me like a ton of bricks to the heart.

My whole life, I've been a believer in soul mates. People that God make for you, someone that completes you. You can't be without this person. You're meant to be, no matter what happens. I still believe this. Of course, in my young and niave mind, I didn't think it was possible to find that person when you were young, like me. Oh, how closed-minded I was.

But, one night, I was talking to a friend of mine that lives two states away, Anna, I love this girl. My best friend, you could say. She's been with me through alot. She's put up with my crap, as well. Well, she starts complaining about a boy critisizing her writing a little too harshly for her taste. (Who asks for critism then whines when they get the honest, ugly truth?) Things got said, jokes flew around. We finally worked up the courage to mess with the boy's mind. Harmless fun, right? What can go wrong, I remember myself thinking this words.

Oh, how was I wrong! He was nothing I'd ever met before. So intelligent, so well rounded, what I felt that first night (whether I was messing with his mind or not) couldn't be described any other way than fascinated. The next day, I talked to him more, on MySpace. (I know, pedophile, right?) I didn't care, I wanted to know him more and more.

Two months passed and my whole perspective of love had changed. I was falling in love. There was no way around it. We were two states apart, and we had both fallen in such a great love that we couldn't do anything but be with each other.

We had said we would be together, but it didn't last. One month later, we were both overwelmed. I don't beleive we were actually in love. We remained good friends.

My first taste of heartbreak. Two states away and he still had the power to break me. I cried every night. Oh, how I loved this boy. My family didn't know. They were in the dark about everything.

August 8, 2008, I was out shopping with my family. I was starting to get over my lost love. We were texting, like most teenagers do, all day. I love talking to him, can you tell? After a while, he stopped texting, I just thought he losted interested. Oh well. (It still hurt)

I got home, tried everything on. Made sure it was school-appropriate. At midnight, August ninth, I got a call from a paniced boy that I love. "Did you lie? What did you lie about?" He almost yelled at me. He was hurt, crying almost. What had happened?

"No, I swear, I never lied about anything. Everything that I've ever said was the truth, I promise you." I whispered, calming him down.

Then there was a long silence, followed by a, "But she said you did...." I knew right away who she was. Anna.

I cleared everything up. Neither of us wanted to stop talking to the other, we stayed on the phone. Two hours passed and he realized he had church in the morning, or in a few hours. I laughed and hung up. Two minutes later, I sent to him, through a text, of course, "Everything I feel is true."

What I got in response was, "I love you, Landry." I began to weap again, why did I let him do this too me?

"I love you too. Goodnight." Was all I could think of to say. Nothing flirty or sarcastic or clever. Plain and simple.

"No, not yet. I need to do something first." As I was replying, he called back. Passion covered his voice, thick and beautiful. (His voice still makes me shiver, a year later) "Landry, I love you, please forgive me and take me back."

How could I resist? I took him back, feeling the bubbles of a giggly, happy girl rise again in my stomach.

It's been ten months. Ten months and I'm still in love. I tell people this and, like all people, they doubt that I'm actually in love. No, you silly people, I'm serious. The way I feel and the way he feels, oh so very real. How can it not? We're two states away and could have our choice of people. He could any girl, I could have any guy. Yet, we're faithful and loveful. Yes, we're young. Yes, it's too early to plan out our lives. Which is why we're not. We're just going with the flow. But, we're both almost positive that the flow will have us be together.

He's my boyfriend. My best friend. My hero. My everything.

All true. Every bit.

on Aug. 20 2009 at 6:23 pm
LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

wonderful. somply wonderful. :) keep writing please. :)

wondering GOLD said...
on Jul. 6 2009 at 2:56 pm
wondering GOLD, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
this is my favorite work or yours. i love the emotions and how you discovered love. keep writing 8D

on Jun. 19 2009 at 9:25 pm
turtleswishing BRONZE, Bradford, Massachusetts

treat everyone like their on the top even if your on the bottom
-nick jonas

love this