Him | Teen Ink

Him

By abigailwake BRONZE, Hemet, California
abigailwake BRONZE, Hemet, California

Him. The one guy that I see every day, that I text every day, that I hug every day. Him. The one that has my heart. The one that I fell harder for, harder than I thought I would. The one that has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes that are almost black, and the smile that gives me butterflies. He looks at me like I came straight from a movie. Was it all a dream? It feels so real. 

The way he acts like I’m the only girl in the world. He will take a quick look at me. I want it to last forever. But just as fast as he looks at me, he looks away. His friends all say hi to me in the halls, but when I see him, he just smiles and keeps walking. My friends don’t like him. They think he is a bad person. I don’t think he is. I can’t help but like him. 

I want to talk to him. I want to get to know him better, but I can’t seem to talk around him. He is my guy best friend he has been since I started swimming. I have always been able to talk to him, but recently I can’t seem to find the words to say.  We talk every day, but things have started to change.

When I see him, he takes my breath away. This guy that I have never felt this way for, ever, and now suddenly I can’t stop thinking about him. Why did I feel this way? I kept asking myself this question over and over. I want to tell him. Need to tell him, but I can’t. I ask myself the question of “Does he feel the same way, or am I going crazy?” I need to find out.

The next day I walk up to him in the morning and I pull him away from his friends. I could tell he was in shock because he did not say anything. I took a deep breath and told him that I liked him. He said nothing so I took that as a way of him telling me that he did not like me. I started to walk away when he said… 

But that’s when I woke up and realized it was all a dream.