Love letters to a simp :) | Teen Ink

Love letters to a simp :)

I would like to consider myself as a self-employed love linguist. Have I ever been in a relationship you ask? Well no… BUT i've been around enough good and bad love doves to know what exactly you probably should and shouldn’t do. Your welcome :)

Boys and girls listen up, allow me to decipher the craziness that is called “simping”, so that you can have your highschool romance go as well as the ones in the movies.

Act normal- It's always fascinating to me whenever I notice a girl or boy has just gotten their crushes attention, the butterflies are just beginning to swarm, everything is fine and dandy. 

But no, someone in the “entanglement” begins to do the most. The butterflies are demolished under a heavy boot whenever one day your crush is chill, studious, relaxed, ect. And then the next they have become the class clown, the lowkey bully, the over flirtatious kid, the utmost annoyance, all to further capture their crush’s attention. It's actually kind of funny how counterintuitive this is even though most people do it. All this will do is make you a stranger to your crush, and push them away. So, when your “lover” begins to snapchat you a little more, reply to your text messages a little faster, or comment on your instagram post, just play it cool. They liked you for you before you decided to be extra. They want to feel like you represent the real you whenever and wherever.

Go for it- Okay hear me out. I know asking to go out for a movie is a stretch, as most people would do anything instead of making themselves vulnerable to their crush in case of rejection, but if you feel bold go right ahead, it's a good move… trust me. And before you shy people come after me, I haven’t forgotten about you and I have a plan. Another route that can be taken is to plan an outing. Maybe like 5 or 6 people going to the movies together, one of those people coincidentally being your crush. This is a way to test the waters, to see if they are really into you, and if not you can DENY DENY DENY and just use the FRIENDLY gathering to save yourself if people start asking questions.

Next up: 8 Signs to know if they like me; How to get over a breakup or rejection in 12 steps; Never be pressured into anything with these 5 tips

This piece is dedicated to all of you wonderful people out there who want a happy and healthy relationship.