Vaping | Teen Ink

Vaping

By Kxrima BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Kxrima BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

For many years, vaping has been seen as an activity by teens that was cool if you participated. However, many teens have become so addicted that they need a puff/hit every five minutes. This has led to an accumulation of injuries and deaths in recent years. Who should be held responsible? 

Some may argue that no one is responsible for smoking and vaping and that is not harmful. However, it’s my opinion that the teens, and the adults that make the product, are responsible. The adults who make them continue to make them, even though I bet they know teens, and other adults are dying from vaping. Vaping can cause serious lung issues - there’s a 70% chance that people who vape with lung issues will die. Many people are dying each day or have injuries from vaping and smoking. They will not stop the vaping until 2022 because somebody convinced them to hold off. They shouldn’t listen, because lots of people will die in the two years due to vaping. So many mothers are crying because of their children dying or getting lung issues from vaping. As of last week, there were 500 people injured from vaping now there are 823 people. There were 6 people who died from vaping now there is 15, according to NBC news. The vaping HAS got to stop. There’s no point in vaping. People were just fine without the smoking and vaping before, so we can easily go back to how we were with no vaping, smoking, or crying because of family loss. 

Instead, people feel the need to smoke/vape. Teens who vape and who are in school go in the bathrooms to vape, so that they don’t get into trouble. There are many high schoolers and college students that vape or smoke without adults knowing. Personally, it is not smart to vape when you know you can die from it. Why would you risk your life just to get a vape and take a hit? Even though teens view vaping as necessary, it doesn’t mean that they need to do it. If only smokers/vapers knew that they could die or get issues with their lungs, they would stop. 

As you can see, this is why people shouldn’t vape because vaping can cause a lot of damage. The people who are responsible are the adults who make them and the teens who consume them. The solution is that they should stop making them or to have laws that regulate the production of these products. This needs to stop for good. 

I think vaping should stop cause of the deaths and injuries