Mission and Goals | Teen Ink

Mission and Goals

By Candice Costello BRONZE, Buckeye, Arizona
Candice Costello BRONZE, Buckeye, Arizona

Everyone has a purpose in life. They have goals to achieve and a mission they are set out to do. My mission involves my career as well. My mission is to release others and my pains, show that love is out there, and work to teach independence for kids and teens in Child Protective Services. I want to be a role model for kids that have gone through similar situations. I want to prove to them that they can become something better. That there is no reason they have to live the life their parents gave them. To do this I want to become a psychologist within CPS. I want to be there to give advice to them and let them be open. I understand how hard it is to find someone to trust enough to talk to about things. I want them to be able to trust me with there problems and believe in me to make it right. Most of the people working for the state and CPS don’t honestly care enough about the kids. They do as much as they have to in order to get paid and to me that isn’t enough. I want to be there for these kids and be able to give them my all. These kids need to know someone actually cares and I would do this for free if I could. I know a lot of schooling is involved but I am prepared to do all it takes to give back to these kids. By going through CPS I know things can be better there and my goal is to change things. I want to help these children accomplish things that I have and haven’t yet been able to. Hardly any of the kids in CPS finish high school, let alone go to college. I want to change that. Everyone deserves an education and to become something great. The workers for CPS don’t teach that. They are only there when the kids are bad but not there to help them get into college or succeed. My mission is to help out others in my situation.