The Journey of a Lifetime | Teen Ink

The Journey of a Lifetime

January 9, 2019
By emilyberlin BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
emilyberlin BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

At 12 A.M on June 15, 2004, I came into this world with an ear piercing scream. Cleveland is my birth town and it will forever hold a special place in my heart. I love the rush of adrenaline that I get when I am in goal on the pitch. I have numerous scars with fascinating stories, just point to one and ask. My collection of bruises grows every single day and I can barely recall how many of them were obtained. When I was 11, I met Peyton List at a car show. I have an older sister, Hannah, who has always been the genius of the house but I have always been the athlete of the house. I could never live without my phone and yes I know that it is a problem. When I was 9, I took a tumble on a treadmill and skinned both of my knees. Let's just say that I didn’t step foot on a treadmill for another 2 years. I have smacked my head on a shelf on two separate occasions and I might have had a concussion but we don’t speak of that. Ever. I had never been on a plane until the summer of 2018. When I was 1, I moved from my home in Euclid, OH, to the house that I still live in till this very day. The day before my due date, my sister announced to her pre-school class that I was going to be born the next day and lo and behold, I was. I have the memory of Dory, so you should never ask me to remind you of something. My soccer team is nationally ranked and we have a favorable chance at making it all the way to the national tournament this year. I have been playing soccer since I was able to walk. I have participated in every science fair since the 4th grade and I have come out with two red ribbons and three blue ribbons. I have a hound dog, Lily, a golden retriever, Nimrod, and a chihuahua, Hazel, along with a cat named Grayson. In 3rd grade, I was apart of the yoga club and the jump rope club. I was in student government from 4th grade all the way through 6th grade. I hope to play soccer at a collegiate level after high school. I joined the running club in 4th grade and ran every year. I played for TFA when I was 8. Then at age 9, I switched clubs to Beechmont which eventually turned into Alliance Cincinnati. Next, I switched to Cincinnati United Premier when I was 13 and I hope to stay here until my high school career is over. After high school, I am moving somewhere with the sun shining and the heat sizzling. I went to Costa Rica over the summer of 2018 and had many firsts on that trip like my first time on a plane, my first time out of the country, my first birthday out of the country, my first time on a beach, my first time zip lining and my first time white water rafting. I love the movies Let It Shine and Starstruck along with the movies 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street. I idolize and aspire to be like Alex Morgan. In the future, I dream of having a family with two kids. I have lived through 14 years of my life and I can’t wait to see where my journey takes me.


The author's comments:

We did this in class and I have developed it more, into a longer and better work of art.