Attack of the Dragons | Teen Ink

Attack of the Dragons

January 8, 2019
By RBskull SILVER, Tirana, Other
RBskull SILVER, Tirana, Other
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a hot sunday morning. Like every other weekend, I got up at 6am. I walked to the living room, carefully, so that I didn’t wake up my brother. If he was woken up early on weekends, he would be angry the whole day. Soon my parents, also woke up and gave me breakfast. Half an hour later, they left. They were going to visit our grandparents. They wouldn’t be back till late in the evening.

My brother was still asleep. I went upstairs, to my room, to grab my toys, but there, right on my door, stood the creature that still haunts my nightmares today. There, stood an abomination of nature with yellow and black stripes, dark as night eyes, and a deadly sting. It was a “gigantic” wasp, the size of my finger. Only one word came to my mind when I saw it-“A Dragon!”

I told myself to calm down and analyze the situation. I could not get to my room and passing through the hallway was too dangerous. I slowly moved down the stairs and decided to get matters into my own hands, this intruder would pay for entering my house.

Fortunately, I had my sword downstairs. I put it on my back and grabbed the bug spray. I wore one of my brother’s boxing gloves and my hulk mask and I was ready for action. I went upstairs slowly, not making any noise. Then, I jumped with the bug spray pointed where I had seen the “Dragon.”

The “Dragon” was gone! I was alarmed. I carefully checked the walls. That’s when I heard a buzz from behind me. I turned and it flew right in front of my face. I ran away with the “Dragon” following me. I went in my parent’s bedroom and closed the door behind me. My heart was beating at an alarming speed. I thought I was safe, but then, I started to feel this tickling in my arm and I see the “Dragon” making its way to my shoulder. I shake my arm like crazy and take out my sword swinging it everywhere.

I abandoned the sword, after seeing that it was useless and returned downstairs. I also got rid of the bug spray. Obviously the “Dragon” was too fast to spray. That left me with only the boxing glove to defend myself. I set a base in the living room made of pillows. The “Dragon” came. I started throwing pillows at it, but they kept missing. Before I knew it, I was out of ammunition. I had to pull a strategic retreat.

I was backed behind a corner, so I resorted to my only option, a head to head fight. I stood in a boxing position. As the “Dragon” approached, I advanced towards it and punched, but I hit nothing, I started to fly in circles around the kitchen. I tried to hit it, having no success. Finally, it stopped at the fridge. I put my whole power into one punch and felt the body of the “Dragon” being crushed. As I removed my hand, it fell on the ground.

Finally I had claimed victory, and that’s when I heard a buzz over me. There was another “Dragon”. I should have known, no wonder I was attacked in my parent’s room. This one however flew right towards me. I covered my head with my hands waiting for a sting. There was a moment of silence.


“What is this mess?” asked a voice behind me.

It was my brother’s voice, I turned my head, never before so excited to meet his eyes, and that excitement died immediately. He held my sword in his hands, and the “Dragon” laid dead on the ground. It had taken him only one slash to kill it. His eyes had a dangerously, angry look.

“There was this ‘Dragon’ in the house and I had to fight it, it almost got me,” I replied to his answer.

“Well, you will wish it had gotten you!” he told me.

I spent the rest of the day tidying up the house. That day I survived. Even though it was a close call, I did it. I’m happy to say that after that day, I got over my fear of insects.