If I Were Mayor of My City | Teen Ink

If I Were Mayor of My City

By Spike_Claw BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Spike_Claw BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

If I were mayor I would change four specific things, The first thing is racism and that should be obvious why. The next is sexism, this happens to both genders because sometimes both genders expect the other to be sexist but that's not always true itself. The last thing is immigrants, I dont think indianapolis has a big immigrant problem but if it does my plan is to welcome them and help them to getting our country and live here in indianapolis. I dont know of a school shooting happening here but even if there hasn't been one doesn't mean there won't be it's always good to be prepared. I'm not sure if these are big problems here but if they are ill stop and if they aren't i'll make sure they'll never be a problem. But if they were this is how I would fix them.

Now about why I would try to fix our racism problem. Racism is a big deal noticeable or not it's still a problem regardless. The main reason racism is a big deal is because it effects our lives to much in a bad way. To fix this I will make it so that no one of any ethnicity or religion can be denied a job without an accurate reason and proof of why he or she is not allowed in. this way no one can be treated wrongly or at least it will be more difficult to be treated wrongly, People will also be fired for constant racism or discrimination to anyone no matter who they are.

Ok sexism a problem that seems to affect women especially there pay in jobs. There are a lot of problems with sexism sometimes it's because a gender hates the other or they expect the other gender to hate the other this for hating them in return. Anyways the way to fix this problem is by making it so that women and men are equal to every aspect, in other words they get equal pay, equal respect, and equal rights. I think this problem only effects women but I don't know much. I just hope people will be able to accept each other.

So the final problem. Immagrants, now I don't think immigrants are a big problem at indianapolis but regardless i'll still help. Now the obvious thing to do is let them in but due to terrorism there’ll have to be security. To get in they need to not have contraband so stuff like drugs or weapons and they need to have, a passport and valid information if they can't actually get in then people will help them get in while they live in a temporary shelter outside the border. It's a little harsh but at least they’ll get in.

In the end all I want to do is help people. Sadly I will get hate for this because some people won't agree that any of this is good. Which is sad but true people would do that. However maybe just maybe they’ll notice these problem of immigrants, sexism, and racism and support me. I believe people can change I just hope they do to.

I'm just a weird kid that wants the world to be better.