My Christian Life | Teen Ink

My Christian Life

November 7, 2018
By JavierArocho1 BRONZE, Hemet, California
JavierArocho1 BRONZE, Hemet, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I’ve always been a christian, I have grown up in a church of some sort. Either my family and I would drive and hour or two to visit a church, or when we lived in Germany, we would go to a church not even of our beliefs to get a taste of God. And yes, I am christian but I believe in something different. I believe that the rest day is Saturday. Why? Because, I believe that Saturday is the seventh day and in Genesis, is says that “on the seventh day God rested.” So, I believe that I should rest on the seventh day. My religion is still christian, and we do believe the same things. People always ask me, “why do you go to church on Saturday?” Or, “what do you guys believe in?” And we believe the same thing. But, I haven’t been the “normal” christian, good kid, good grades, doesn't cuss, doesn't get into fights. The truth is, I’m just as bad as the other kids. I’ve been in a “slump” as some might say, for the past four years. Why? Because, I was living the life of a sinner. I would cuss in every sentence once or twice. I would fight a lot, I would get mad easily and I would do so much worldly things. There’s times where I'm on a roll with God, I want to be with God, but it doesn't last long. Recently, I got close to a new friend. And he actually helped me regain my strength with the Lord, and it’s been a crazy adventure, I have been on a roll lately, and I don’t want it to end. I do my best to pray and to share the word to to others. I’ve realized the things I was doing and the people I associated with and I really had to think. “Are these the people that are going to help me with God?” I’ve seen people change up on me real quick because I brought God with me into everything. Ya, I still care for them but as of right now, my mindset isn’t on making them happy, it’s on making my relationship stronger with God. There’s so much I wish I could redo, so much things that I wish I could do to fix things, but I can’t and so I ask that God forgives my sins and gives me the strength to go through everyday, resisting temptation, strength with basketball and not getting mad as much, and to help me stay focus on his plan. I cuss sometimes, I do bad things, but I’m not perfect, nobody is, no human besides Jesus Christ, is perfect and never will be. Just listen to God’s commandments, ask for forgiveness, strength, courage, confidence, and wisdom.


The author's comments:

Regaining my strenngth with God, was the best thing to happen to me.