Sense of Spring | Teen Ink

Sense of Spring

Not too long ago, the leaves that released themselves from the branches and trickled to the ground were now beginning to grip on again. The once warm colors, browns, oranges, and reds, dwindled away and were replaced with the vibrant pops of green, pink, and yellow. The chirping of the blue birds created a melody which gracefully swayed in the crisp air and the buzzing of the bees busy at work brought up the slight sense of mayhem. The damp air began to produce a layer of dew which sat on the grass in the mornings. Some days the sky presented a beaming sun which filled the environment with a joyous sensation, while other days, the speckles of rain and gloomy clouds were bestowed upon the habitat making some feel uneasy, others at ease. Hibernation was coming to a close for many and the bears, skunks, and frogs were becoming more present in their given locations. Those who previously dozed off into a deep sleep when the snow began to fall would soon awaken and wander around into the completely new world made for them overnight.