My Comfortable Place | Teen Ink

My Comfortable Place

September 8, 2018
By Lisa0228 SILVER, Richmond, Columbia
Lisa0228 SILVER, Richmond, Columbia
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It is snowing outside. White snowflakes drizzles outside of my little den, making tiny crackling sounds. Citizens are freezing outside. I can tell by their purple lips and chattering teeth. However, here at Fraicuent Street, also known as Elsa's birthplace, even inside the houses people are freezing. Look at my neighbour Mrs.Pete. She's pacing around the fireplace,hands cupped together and wearing at least three layers of hoodies.

However, I am still watching TV with only a shirt and shorts. ( They are my favourite colour, navy, by the way.) Well, this is because of my living room. For this living room, I'd like to call it a tech-craze room. It is full of technologies from the common ones like iPad, phones to unusual ones like dog controller to oatmeal briefcase to ones that has a name like "Boopa Daba”,which is basically a printer that can print out real life items like a book, some bubbles, or even a humongous calf. Now, you might go like, “Wow, it’s really cool. It must be humongous, then, to print out a calf like that!” Uh uh. Another reason why Boopa Daba is so special is because it’s as tiny as a iPhone ( exactly iPhone what, I don’t know. Just the one with the smallest size). You can bring it with you in your go bag. If you forgot your umbrella, then just type “umbrella” in Boopa Daba, and an umbrella will pop out! If you forgot your car on your way from Vancouver to Whistler because the mountains are so pretty, though I highly doubt that you’ll forgot a car, you can use Boopa Daba as well. It will take quite a while (like one hour or so), so just enjoy your comic books and snacks while Boopa Daba is working.

However, my proudest item of all is the advanced air freshener, which can make the room into a burning desert temperature, or the Snow Queen's den. It won’t break down like a common air freshener and make “bzzzzzzz” sounds. It can also shape into anything you want, just let me work on it for a few years. For now, it’s a plain little box with an anchor on it. Everyone likes boxes with anchors, right? (Actually, I am not very sure…)

Apart from all the technologies, another reason that I loved the room so much is because of the interesting bed.It’s very,very large, so large that three people can sleep on it. Since I am the only one sleeping on this bed, the other spaces are filled up with stuffs. A pink coffee cup, a pillow with “coffee” written on it, a cat holding a coffee cup… Okay, I admit it, I think I do have an obsession for coffee.

Now we have to skip a little. This bed is not interesting because it looks like a coffee cup, but because it's the large version of the a swing! It is in my favourite colour set, coffee brown and light pink ( Please excuse me for getting back to coffee again). Isn't it just nice to wake up in slow swaying motion and feeling as if you're sleeping on a nice cup of warm coffee in a smooth light pink copper mug with streaks of purple lines? Well, I definitely love this bed!

When I am not sleeping, I can swing the bed like a real swing. I sway up onto the roof right next to the eagle lamp made of plastic, and then down to the milk white hard floor. Well, sometimes I do fall off from the bed, right into Mr (or Mrs, I dunno) Gravity's strong hug. Well,  it hurts since the earth shell is so hard, but I cannot resist the urge of playing again on my fluffy, gigantic swing.

The most important thing that makes my room such a comforting place are my family an my dog. My dog is a Pomeranian. It is fluffy with a brown fur on the top and white fur on the bottom. It has a tail that is like a cheerleader pom pom. It has a lot of hobbies. To be truthful, I don’t like most of the hobbies such as chewing my shoes and licking my poor little stuffed hamster .

I can talk to my family, laughing our heads off and chewing on pumpkin seeds. I can play Bingo with my mother, and groan and laugh at the same time at how she always cheats when she loses. I can watch soccer with my dad as he tries really hard to explain to me what the rules are. I can walk hand in hand with my cousin as we go through indigo, stationary shops and a whole lot more. And I also love to watch Oats slurps down water and makes a grudging sound. Trust me, you wouldn't know how satisfying it is watching a dog slurps down water until you have one.

If you asked me where this place is, I am sorry to say, but this is only in my dreams. Well, actually, only the technology, the dog and the swing-bed is unreal. The others? They're as realistic as possible.

Who knows? Maybe in the future, I will get a dog. And there will be technologies like the Boopa Daba and the advanced air freshener. We'll see, some day.

For me, being comforted simply just means being with the things I love or enjoy. It's a small thing, but it can bring a lot of happiness. Doesn't it?