Should marijuana be legal for medicinal purposes? | Teen Ink

Should marijuana be legal for medicinal purposes?

By lilramos BRONZE, Canadensis, Pennsylvania
lilramos BRONZE, Canadensis, Pennsylvania

"Dont judge a book by its cover"

Glaucoma, Cancer, and Arthritis, Do you know what they all have in common? Well they can all be treated by Medicinal Marijuana! Medicinal Marijuana can help with relieving pain and will increase and restore your metabolism. This writer thinks medicinal marijuana has a lot of positive attributes on many people. Medical marijuana is cost effective, is a healthy alternative to certain diseases and disabilities.

Healthy alternative is very important for trying to make medicinal marijuana legal. People can use medicinal marijuana for a lot of different disabilities and disorders. Some of the things it can help with are aids, glaucoma, cancer, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, chronic pain, anxiety, depression and obsession. Mrs. Ramos (which is this writer’s aunt who is a professional medicinal marijuana distributor) lives in New York City and she makes teas and different types of drinks out of Marijuana for medical reasons including the aforementioned diseases. Medicinal marijuana can help people with pain a lot better than prescription pills can (wiley and sons).
Medicinal marijuana should be legal in all 50 states for medical use only. There are already 18 states that have legalized medicinal marijuana and the states are Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington. It costs anywhere from $25-$200(depending which state you live in) to purchase a medical marijuana ID card. Every state is different because in California you can have up to 8oz of usable marijuana and you can have 18 plants but if you go to Washington you can only have a 60-day supply and you cannot have any plants (disabled world news).
As a writer, this author agrees with letting marijuana be legal for medicinal purposes only. He thinks this because the government used to be fine with having marijuana in our pharmacies from 1937 to 1942. During these years the government was collecting a dollar for every ounce of marijuana sold. Also, medical marijuana was sold in U.S pharmacies until 1942 when it became an illegal drug. America should just agree with letting marijuana be legal in all 50 states because back in the 1940s America did not have a problem with letting all Americans use marijuana for medical reasons. This writer will challenge the reader to look further into the medicinal advantages of marijuana.

In this writeing i will give you all the good reasons on why medicinal marijuana should be legalized.

Dolly2828 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

You are only limited by your own imagination!

I really like your article! Going along with what you are saying, I personally believe that if you are going to legalize marjiuana as a medical treatment, you would have to consider the people who would abuse that. It might make crimes regarding illegal drugs even worse. A possible way to fix them problem in my opinion is to make marijuana a legal substance just as cigerettes are legal.