Rollercoasters | Teen Ink

Rollercoasters

By djmichael9 BRONZE, Elkhorn, Nebraska
djmichael9 BRONZE, Elkhorn, Nebraska

Hold on tight because you're about to go upside down.

Amusement parks are one of the main events that attract people from all variety of life. Roller coasters can bring family and friends together. Its one of the healthier ways to spend time as a family without needing to go to a bar or party. Roller coasters can bring many benefits to  people and the community. 

The history of rollercoasters started close to the 1900’s. In 1893 Chicago hosted the world's Columbian exposition, the equivalent of the world's fair. One of the highlights of the event was the “Pleaser Wheel” (Amusement parks). This is so interesting because the first ferris wheel was created around the 1900’s. It created a basic structure for many more ferris wheels to be built as we have many to this day. Coney islands amusement park was the blueprint for all amusement parks around the country. Pittsburgh opened its own amusement park in 1906. More recreation areas started to emerge as it soon became a normal activity (“Amusement Parks”). Not long after the first ferris wheel was the first amusement park created. This shows how fast they decided to create more entertainment for people to enjoy not just a ferris wheel but rollercoasters as well. 

Amusement parks offer people to come together and be able to have new experiences together they wouldn't normally have just going to a movie or an everyday activity. “Life is hectic, and people spend relatively more time at work and with the co-workers than the family. This makes outdoor family entertainment the most excellent option as it gives them the chance to spend some quality time with the family” (Benefits That Amusement Park Offers To Families, 2021). This demonstrates how this activity brings families and friends together. It is a great option when you want to go on vacation but don't have to spend a lot of money going somewhere expensive. Amusement parks bring great emotions that everyone gets to spend together. Many unforgettable memories and happiness are created (Benefits That Amusement Park Offers To Families, 2021). Other activities dont bring out as many emotions as going to an amusement park. It's something you'll never forget as a child and to be an adult and see your kids have these experiences is so memorable. 

Most importantly, going to an amusement park can have a plethora of health benefits. “Family outing amusement parks bring a comprehensive and enjoyable change in the mood. As per a survey, 65% of the people visiting amusement parks with their families experience a delightful change in their mood” (Benefits That Amusement Park Offers To Families, 2021). This is incredibly amazing to me that spending time with family and friends this way can almost automatically make you in a better mood. Most other activities don't have this beneficial impact on your body. In New York a smaller sized amusement park was built to help day to day life become less monotony. (Amusement Parks). This created more entertainment for those to enjoy life more. It's important to do different things as life can feel like an endless cycle. Having more opportunities to have fun alleviates that stress. 

Roller Coasters can help people have new experiences they've never had before. It can bring many people no matter what age to come together and create something they can all enjoy. The next time you plan on going on vacation, think about going to an amusement park.