beauty, success, and other things. | Teen Ink

beauty, success, and other things.

By BlindlyBecomingBella PLATINUM, Grapevine, Texas
BlindlyBecomingBella PLATINUM, Grapevine, Texas

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Wuthering Hights

A person's success is not defined by the number of material possessions one accumulates. You can not judge a person's success by looking through their tax returns or by the appearance of their home. In my eyes, success means having joy, a strong sense of self, and the ability to brighten the lives of those around you. To quote Eleanor Roosevelt, "When you give joy to other people, you get more joy in return. You should give a good thought to (the) happiness that you can give out."

Having joy doesn't mean always being happy with where you are in life, but rather knowing that no matter where you are, you are exactly where you're meant to be. My greatest accomplishment has been arriving at the place in life where I can confidently say that I have joy and a strong knowledge of who I am. Now I want to be able to share that with those around me. Spreading peace and happiness with those you meet is the most extraordinary form of beauty because it allows others to truly see the beauty inside themselves.