How Optimism can Help You Achieve Your Dreams | Teen Ink

How Optimism can Help You Achieve Your Dreams

By ashlynnveach BRONZE, Austin, Texas
ashlynnveach BRONZE, Austin, Texas

Optimism is a mental attitude that reflects a belief or hope that an outcome will be positive. The opposite of being optimistic is being pessimistic. The characteristics of this is tending to see the worst aspects of things. People in our world today tend to see a darker and negative view on the world. Having a positive attitude and beginning your day in a positive manner will reflect how you act throughout your life. Not only will positive actions affect you as a person but it will also rub off on the people around you. Being positive and optimistic will in turn be the fix to the violence and sadness in our world. I believe that living your life with an optimistic view will help you achieve your goals and dreams. The long term effects of positive thinking that will help you achieve your goals are a reduction in stress, health benefits, and an increase in your self- confidence. The daily choices of mindset and behavior that we make create biological changes throughout our bodies that have long lasting ramifications.  I believe that having a positive outlook on the world will not only let you enjoy life more, but also motivate you to reach for your dreams. Be optimistic and reach for your goals. 

I am a Junior girl in highschool and I enjoy to play sports and hang out with my friends.