Thank You, Veterans | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veterans

March 12, 2018
By Will Ripplinger GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Will Ripplinger GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
17 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Vietnam Veteran,

I want to thank you for your service to our country.  My name is Will Ripplinger and I am a senior at Arrowhead High School.  I would like to thank you for fighting for our freedom and allowing us to live freely.  I just watched the Honor Flight movie and saw how much you have done for our country. 

What you and others have done for this country like going to a different country and fighting on their turf with no knowledge of how it’s like.  You have risked your life in order to keep this world free.  With you risking your life it allows me to enjoy my life and be able to go to whatever college I want to go and to enjoy the freedom that kids have.  What you have given this country is what other countries want... freedom.  With your bravery it drives me to become a better man by knowing you have affected our lives in ways people don’t know how to thank you.  Thank you for allowing me to be who I am today.

You have honored this country in ways people won’t comprehend.  Each day you fought for our freedom and the ability to do whatever we want.  People will always think about how you gave us the greatest gift.  Without your efforts America wouldn’t be half of what it is today.  Joining the Army at the age of 18 is crazy.  You had to become a man early in life and I can’t even process the thought of going to college.  The only solution is bravery and courage which is what America is based on today.

Thank you for your efforts.  I am very proud to be part of a country where men and women fought to earn the right of freedom.

Sincerely,

Will


The author's comments:

Written for the Veterans